02 December 2012

Student Work































I taught a "large animal" lesson to the Kindergarteners in which we talked about using squares, rectangles, vertical, horizontal, and diagonal lines to draw horses, bulls, giraffes, and elephants. They've already learned how to draw small animals (dogs, cats, bears) using circles and ovals, so this was the follow-up lesson to that. 
I especially loved discussing line directions with them (sweetest little voices trying to say "horizonal" and "diagonal")and using our arms and whole bodies to act them out. It is so fun to see 25 pairs of eyes so excited, each of them half way out of their seats, so intrigued. 



^^ A fourth grader's open studio clay sculpture of a dog. 


• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •  

Sunday morning, and I'm feeling good. Big furry cat asleep on my feet and having coffee. Jumpin' into the book I'm reading (Birds of America by Lorrie Moore) here shortly and then it'll be time for a jog on this warm and sunny December 2nd. 

Also, I'm going into my 16th and final week of student teaching! I was full-time teaching at both schools for 3 weeks (this last week as the exception since a new group of middle-schoolers started), so this last week I'll spend finishing up lessons here n' there and also observing other specialty-area teachers at the elementary (library, music, and special education). 

The next step... graduation! I feel sad about this, but mostly psyched and very ready for a new chapter. COFFEE CHEERS!

1 comment:

vacationsover said...

I late-night-beer-cheers your morning coffee! Loving the animal pictures, they did amazing things with colors! The second picture (Sectional Horse with Red Ears) is my favorite...