27 November 2012

Today

























































Today I had the opportunity to visit another art classroom within the school district. It was super cool to see a new room after being in the same two rooms (elementary and middle school) as a student teacher and also to speak with a different teacher with different approaches. I took a ton of photos for ideas in my future classroom... whether small (yarn and clay storage, clean-up strategies) or big details (lesson stations, introduction videos, end of class reflection/share time). Above is some documentation. 

I get to spend another day there, but even after today, I come away with a ton of confidence in my own approach to teaching and reassurance that I can pick a little from here, pick a little from there.


• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •  

Just came across this entry on Rookie about the artist Chris Ware. He holds a special place in my heart since lighting the Muybridge Horse in Motion spark as inspiration for mine and my sister's idea for our Sister Tattoo. What a great artist! 




No comments: