29 April 2012

Sunday Morning

Greetings from the living room couch! Slept here last night as my parents took my bed. Now that I'm awake, now starts a new week that I consider my finals week, as all final studio projects and a workshop reflection are due. No exams to study for here. I look forward to finishing up work and showing some photos of it all.

Whether I sleep on the couch back at home, at my Grandma's, or here at my own place, I always seem to take on a fresh appreciation of a house I already know so well. I'll wake up and look around at the architecture and placement of objects, seeing things I'd hardly ever noticed before. I'll get to know the room better in the quiet of the morning hours as I lay there and then wonder when the sleeping others will be saying "good morning".


Today we'll go get breakfast, shop at my dad's favorite IC second-hand store, and then it's studio and wood fire kiln babysitting time for me! 

Here's some sweet Dolly fer ya':




1 comment:

embark_on said...

Looking at things feels so different early in the mornin'. Almost like the time of day you get to look at things clearly before worry or anxiety may make things a little foggier! This happens to me EVERY time I wake up!