24 January 2012

Books I'm Reading




























1st- Glacial Period by Nicolas De Crécy
       • A miniature graphic novel given to me by my sister and brother-in-law for Christmas. Taking place thousands of years into the future where human history has been forgotten, a team of archaeologists discover the Louvre while exploring arctic land. They question the many paintings, statues, and other artifacts that are still intact, and they come up with silly interpretations for the pieces. Featuring talking inanimate objects and animals! 

2nd- How to Brew by John J. Palmer
       • Said to be the best guide for brewing your own beer, this was given to me by my boyfriend for Christmas because he knows I'm curious to give it a shot. This summer when I move back home and live with my parents, my hope is that the 3 of us will spend nights looking at the stars while sipping my latest concoctions!

3rd- Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay
       • Given to me as a Christmas present by my dad. This is a story about the Vel' d'Hiv' Roundup that took place in France during WWII and how this event connects a young girl arrested in the roundup to a modern-day journalist. A book that is totally interesting and that hurt my heart.


• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •  

Right now I'm cozied in and listening to Abner Jay. Goodnight!


 
 

No comments: