15 January 2012

Attn: Fort Update





















































If you refer back to a previous post, you will see that I've been photo documenting this fort that I built back in November 2010. It is located along the west side of the Studio Arts building, south of campus. My teacher at the time said that it wasn't necessary I take it down, so for curious reasons involving Mother Nature, natural crumbling/fading, and personal construction skills, I leave it up and slowly watch it fall. 

I realize that each time I visit my fort, something has changed or was left behind. Last winter I noticed a variety of paw prints and fur scattered atop the snow inside the fort. In the summer I noticed that the 3 tree stumps I originally placed as outdoor seating were placed in the fort. This time, I found a big, hollow, fake "rock", along with a tin printmaking ink container tied with a red ribbon that held a dead, delicate mouse wrapped in golden cellophane. Also, in the front yard of my fort was once a weed-infested pit, and it is now an icy pond.

These 3 photos were taken 4 days ago, a few hours before a good deal of snow fell.

No comments: