30 December 2011

One Year




















































The top two shots were taken one year ago, today. There I am with my dog, Sadie, and the snowman that my brother-Christian-, our friend-German-, and I had made that day. Before tagging our S.man with sticks, I asked Christian to name him. "Man of the Bird," he chose. Little did I know that five days from then, I would lose my brother in a car accident. Little did I know that seven months from then, Sadie would have to be put down due to an uproar of cancer in her ol' body. Little did I know that I will from now on think of my brother -as strong, thoughtful, and kind-hearted as they come- whenever I see a peaceful soaring bird. 


He took the second photo, his wool glove peeking in there to the left.

No comments: