17 February 2013

Sunday





































Good 'ay on this chilly and sunny Sun'ay! Here: drinking a Sam Adams White Christmas ale (nothing like holiday party booze overflow!) and the Blackhawks just scored against the LA Kings. The mozzarella stix are in the oven. 

It's been a great weekend of getting stuff done and having fun. On Friday I drank homemade apple pie liquor while hiking the Mines of Spain in Dubuque. On Saturday I helped my dad with some yard work, watched my ***adopted*** cat, Milou, run crazily around the backyard and up trees after squirrels, saw Silver Linings Playbook, and joined my parents and their friends for a trivia night at a church a few towns over. 


Highlights of trivia night: Furthering my team from questions regarding The Simpsons and Jay-Z • Eating walking tacos • Being among only one other (a nine-year old squirrely girl with crimped hair) to sit down during a process of elimination, the elimination statement being "sit down if you listen to Justin Bieber"... Have to be an honest contestant when you're a first timer (especially within a church group, of course!) • And talking to an 83 year-old man who once met Ernest Hemingway at a bull fight in Barcelona. He told me they remained in contact for a short time through letters and that Hemingway once visited him at his Dubuque home. Talk about a good evening with some good people.

So now after a successful morning serving breakfast, I feel very relaxed and await the coming week... one which includes birthdays of three of my closest friends, substitute teaching, and reading a lot. 


• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •  



















Above, a photo taken by my Ann Arbor pen pal, Emily, of a hanging piece I made for her. Circular frames laser-cut by my dad and connected by wire S hooks. One side of each frame includes a personalized painting done by moi and the other includes other paper design/imagery. Hang it on your wall, in front of a window, in a corner, wherever. Would you like one? Would you like to do a creative exchange of some sort, i.e. making music mixes, writing short stories, sharing anything and everything? If so, email me at Sogaard.Kirsten@gmail.com. 


• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •  

Lastly, this fantastic song played in the kitchen at work today, and I can't get it out of my head... so HERE! YOU get it in your head now!



No comments: