20 February 2013

Bat For Lashes - Lillies


Big fan of Bat for Lashes! Her first album, Fur and Gold, reminds me specifically of sitting in my car every weekday morning during my first semester of senior year in high school, 5:10 a.m., awaiting volleyball practice. I'd stay cuddled in a blanket I always had with me and would stare at the deep black and blue sky. "Lillies" is from her third album, The Haunted Man. 

Today is a GOOD day. Very sunny and productive for me, despite a disruptive start to the morning: a quietly beeping smoke alarm stayed constant for a good 3-4 hours (something I failed to awake up for, but instead acknowledged only in dreaming, where I was roaming a house and unable to find where the beep was coming from.) Woke up feeling very woozy, my body pillow over my head for sound protection, even though the pillow is normally scrunched between my bed and window to keep out the draft. Since my dad was already at work, I climbed into bed alongside my mom to cuddle. 

Shout-out to my girl, Bryn, on her birthday today!!!!! Check out her tumblr, Criminally Y.A., here.

No comments: