16 November 2012

Today






























Above: 2nd graders' work from today's open studio. They amaze me and warm my heart every day.



























































Above: the 1st graders' turkeys are finished! They've been taken home, accompanied with proud smiles and love for their work. "Happy Thanksgiving, Tom the Turkey!" 






 Above: 8th graders' still lifes. One more day for them to work, one day for critique, and then I am finished with this group. I'm sad for this as I've grown close to them, but as they say, "It's a part of being a teacher". 


• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •  






























This is my own still life for tonight. Back at home to drink beer, eat these chips (very sweet), watch the coverage of the raids in Gaza, and talk with my parents. They're sleeping now, but the fire's still going. So here I sit, warming my back, ready for another brew, and then up to my room to listen to this Big Box record, "Die Now". One last thing: a herd of gobbling turkeys charged me after school this afternoon! It was intense and exhilarating! 

Ok, godnat, goodnight, sove godt 

No comments: