02 November 2012

Today

• Ate dinner and sipped wine among a sea of heavy set men wearing John Deere overalls (it's Farm Toy weekend here in Dyersville, the National Farm Toy Capitol of the world). 
• After eating and thinking I was alone out by the car, I burped loudly and then turned to see a gang of old ladies staring at me... one mouth agape. 
• Became angry at the entire human race twice! 
• Taught lesson two of the turkey projects to the first graders. It is a major feeling when 35 minutes alone with 22 six year-olds goes really smoothly. 
• Came home to my parents' to see our dog, Zoey, wearing a cone. Two aggressive neighbor dogs mauled her bee-hind, and it is cringing to look at. Never before would I have thought this dog would let me help her eat (she has a temper), but tonight we've bonded as I crouched to tip her cone and her food bowl.
• Just ate a butterfinger from my parents' halloween candy stash. 'Tis my favorite candy bar! Been too long since I've had one: 



No comments: