24 October 2012

Today
































Above are photos of open studio time at the elementary school. The last image is of the 7th graders' one-point perspective drawings. In the elementary, we are studying the work of Grandma Moses and doing fall still lifes, and soon we will start turkey projects, horse drawings, and Avatar characters. In the middle school, students are drawing trees, using watercolor, making mandalas, and doing clay food sculptures. 

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •  

Welcome to Wednesday. It is the day of my week where I feel most subject to exhaustive craziness, when I feel the most raw. This feeling surfaces on my drive home after my evening class (tonight we discussed the "getting hired" processwhen I've been on the go from 6 a.m. until 7 p.m., when the sun has set by that time and my stomach turns with hunger. I'll realize the crazed part of me has kicked in when my music's incredibly loud, I'm bouncing in my seat, and I start laughing at myself. It is such a freeing, who-gives-a-shit feeling! When I get home, I usually fix myself a snack, hang out with my family, and then trip over my own feet, falling into bed. 

Saw so many people lugging around 6-packs today, so I crave sharing a few cold ones with someone. Must... wait... for the... weekend. I also got a new book, and tonight I had a dinner of fruit. My stomach is full, so I'm off for a walk and then a good read!

1 comment:

Adam said...

"eat 100 pizzas" "throw stuff" hahah that rules! also, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxNTOTXRpJ0