31 August 2012

A Full Moon Friday



























Before moving in with my aunt and uncle for my student teaching placement, I promised myself to find a solid place for watching sunsets and that I did. Some nights I sprint to the spot, in need of moving my body after being attached to schoolwork all day. Tonight, I spent time with the sky and felt the presence of my brother. It's a peace I've found within his death... making daily habits to visit his memory and allow myself to close my eyes and imagine him there beside me. I'll ask myself: what would his presence be like in this instance? Tonight, he would have stood beside me, also staring at the sky, without saying a word and fiddling with a long piece of grass he picked.


• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •  






















































My new roommates, pictured above. The pup is Bella, the cat is Gemma. Both are incredibly adorable. Often when I finish my after-school nap on the couch, Gemma comes to my feet, meows, and I hold her in my arms as she touches her nose to mine. Bella could play fetch for hours. I prefer throwing her techno-light-up rubber ball over the others.

My aunt is pictured in the last photo as we took a walk in the super humid air of tonight.

No comments: