07 May 2012

Final Studio Projects































Our final ceramics assignment was to help keep up the wood fire kiln. The first photo shows some classmates with all the pieces that were fired. The last four photos show my stuff. Some were warped by the nature of the wood kiln (clay was thrown too thin) and came out a little wobbly, but I love them for what they are!
 
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • 





























 


For my final metals assignment I made a few pairs of earrings (one pair is red anodized aluminum; another was made from an old bracelet of my mom's; and the third pair is bent aluminum with fake moss and bird nest sticks). I also made a mini earring holder from brass and a necklace (spun wallpaper pieces from an old necklace, also my mom's, that a neighbor of her's had made). The last photo shows me wearing it and how it falls when worn.





• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •  
 
 


































































For my final painting assignment, I painted a six-piece series that is titled "My brother's room".
 

No comments: