16 March 2012

Guttenberg

























































Back home for Spring Break! Yesterday evening my parents dropped me off next to the Mississippi and I adventured around Guttenberg. Above are some photos from my walk. It's a town that stirs significant memories like league soccer games, picnics with my grandparents, and my brother skipping rocks at waterside. Mom and dad treated me to a huge cheeseburger and chocolate shake afterwards at the Pup Hut on the way out of town. 

It's a day like this-- with temperature and sunshine of summertime, of waking at sunrise to watch it and listen to the birds rise too-- that readies me to move back here in a few months.

...Only then will fish flies be infesting Guttenberg... Can't have the river to ourselves I guess!

No comments: